1.3

North Face has a saying that they are "customer centric".If you buy an item from them that doesn't fit, or is uncomfortable, or for just about ANY reason, you will have to pay to send it back for a refund (less the return shipping costs you pay).

They charge about $5 shipping to send the item and it cost me $13.60 to return it. I had purchased a hoodie through their online store at Amazon that was too large, but it fit my son who liked it, so I gave it to him and ordered another hoodie in a smaller size. I was happy with it. Then, I can across a "Stealth Byron Jacket" that I decided to purchase in the same size as the hoodie that fit me.

It didn't. When I requested a return authorization it was approved, but I had to pay for the return shipping and insurance. When I wrote customer service to question their return policy I received a very snarky, dismissive and sarcastic reply. Here's the exchange conducted through Amazon: Here is a copy of the e-mail that you sent to Gear North.

Please allow 2 business days for the seller to respond.   Order ID 111-3953926-2925818: 1 of The North Face Men's Stealth Byron Jacket (X-Large, Nautical Blue) [ASIN: B00EMTE2R2]   ------------- Begin message -------------   I wasn't sure which category to select for this message. The jacket isn't damaged or really "defective", unless the fact that it didn't fit me right is considered defective to my being able to use the product. My primary concern, before I write it in a review, is that I was required to pay the return shipping in order to return an item that doesn't fit correctly.

I wasn't given any other option when printing out the label. Shipping was $13.60 for flat rate priority so that it was insured and tracked. If this is your policy I will not order from you in the future and I'll make sure other potential customers are made aware of this potential issue. I have a hoodie that fits nicely and I love the quality.

I ordered this jacket in the same size.     ------------- End message ------------- Order ID 111-3953926-2925818: 1 of The North Face Men's Stealth Byron Jacket (X-Large, Nautical Blue) [ASIN: B00EMTE2R2]   ------------- Begin message -------------   Hi, I'm sorry you feel you should have free returns on this item. It is our policy that buyers pay for return shipping. This is a fairly standard practice in the retail industry.

We do not put that cost upfront into the price of an item as the majority of people do not return items. Thank you for understanding. Matt Gear North     == Did this solve your problem? .

.I would suggest that if a customer really wants to purchase North Face clothing that they consider buying from someone else that really values their customers and wants to ensure they are happy, like Zappos, or only purchase at a location where they can try on the item before buying.

Review about: North Face Stealth Byron Jacket.

I liked: Quality of product.

I didn't like: Return policy or customer service.

Had an Experience with North Face?

Comments

Why is it that you feel you're exempt from paying a return fee in the first place?I don't blame them how they replied to you!

If you're going to come at them threatening to bash them online because you have to follow the policy why b*tch about their "snarky" reply? You're just one of those customers that all the employees laugh over for being such an entitled post. Just because your coat didn't fit doesn't mean you have free reign of returns.

Go cry to someone else.I'm all for employees not taking dumb customers crap like yours.